I caved… I’m letting my husband guest post on Breast Cancer Defense.
But for good reason. He’s perfected a delicious, healthy desert recipe I can’t get enough of!
Even better, these almond butter balls only take a few minutes of hands on time to prepare and are fulfilling enough to satisfy any dessert craving. I think they taste like brownies, but I’ll let you be the judge.
Enter “The Hus”…
Hello ladies. (:
I guess it’s a privilege to guest post on Breast Cancer Defense. I’ve been begging Natalie for months to let me contribute.
She obliged under the stipulation I keep PG Rated, which is hard to do when posting a “ball” recipe.
I whip these up once or twice a week, while Natalie is getting little Halle ready for bed. By the time Halle’s sleeping and Natalie comes downstairs the dishes are cleaned and dessert is prepared.
While I don’t have the sweet tooth Natalie has, we both agree these chocolate almond butter balls are delicious.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/3 Cup of almond butter
- 2 Inches of a banana
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Cocoa or raw Cacao (we use raw cacao)
- 1 Tablespoon of Oats
- 1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Cacao Nibs (optional)
- Add the ingredients into a small mixing bowl
- Mash together with the back of a spoon. The cocoa powder will take a minute or two to work itself in. It’s well worth the effort to have the mixture soak up the cocoa powder entirely.
- Form into balls and put on a plate, see picture above. (Tip: Lick fingers and if nobody is looking, lick bowl.)
- Freeze for 20 minutes
Well that’s it. Pretty simple, right? Let me know in the comments what you think about this recipe.
I find it so much easier when I have a sweet tooth to have simple ingredients on hand to make a sweet treat. This way, I can control what goes into the recipe and how much I eat.
Thank you “Hus” for contributing your tasty recipe. Love you!